[OpenAFS] problem configuring top level of afs filespace

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:19:34 +0100

yam wrote:
> I'm gone through the quick install guide, here are my problems:
>
> First, I have skipped the client installation part.. Is it needed to give
> that machine only server funcionality? I mean, do I have to install client
> part, and then uninstall it??

I don't know on what an architecture your fileserver is running, but if
it is not a NAMEI-fileserver it needs the kernel-extensions which come
with the client. Why should you uninstall the client later?

> Besides that, when I'm about to start configuring the Top Level afs
> filespace, I issue the following command:
>
> # /usr/afs/bin/fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
> fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that /afs is not in AFS.

At this point you need to have the client running, otherwise /afs cannot
be in AFS.

Hartmut