[OpenAFS] problem configuring top level of afs filespace

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:04:45 +0100

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:25:21PM +0100, yam wrote:
> yeah.. Solved...
>
> I thought client part was not needed to complete the installation of the
> machine server. It is _needed_ :)

In fact, it is not needed on the server. You just need one client to
set up an AFS cell from scratch.

> Thing is I am planning to run AFS filespace with linux 2.4 servers (2
> servers to start) and clients will be Windows9X/2000/XP machines. Thats
> why I didnt want to install client on server, cause I was not gonna use
> it.

I would always install a client on the server because IMO it's a bit
weird to have data on a server which is not visible on the server
itself. It will make things more complicated at times.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/