[OpenAFS] Errors in backup

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
15 Nov 2002 08:25:11 +0100

Quoting "Kristen J. Webb" <kwebb@teradactyl.com>:

> Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >
> > I'm using a homemade backupscript to put all volumes down to
> > harddisk before backing it up to tape. Every now and then I get
> > mail's similar to this from cron... Anyone know what's wrong?
> > [...]
> > Could not create backup volume for 'vicepb' - no such volume.
> > Could not create backup volume for 'vicepc' - no such volume.
> >
> These all look like UNIX filesystem directories, not afs volumes.

Yes, directories/links in '/'...

> Your parts list generator seems to be working, so I'm not sure how these
> unix directories made it into the list yet.  I did notice that you have
> two definitions for create_backup_volume in the script.

Oupsi :) First one (the one that takes two args) was a spelling error,
should have been 'mount_backup_volume()'. Thanx.

I've been running the script with the changes mentioned for about a
week (?) now, and it seemed to have cured the problem. INCLUDING the
problem with the 'user.malin' volume needing rescue every now and then!
Weird, but good.

Thanx kwebb for the read...
--
Cuba NSA CIA Clinton tritium counter-intelligence Peking North Korea
nitrate class struggle plutonium [Hello to all my fans in domestic