[OpenAFS] pts groups

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@e.kth.se
25 Nov 2002 05:00:38 +0100

A $USER can add new pts groups to the system if start with $USER: , thats
fine. But i want to deligate prefixes to other users so the
systemadministration-team dont need to create new groups.  We have today at
least 1000 usergroups. And groups for longtime-projects get the prefix of
the user who created since the dont want to mail us just for getting a new
group created, which is a problem in the long run.

Example from real live:

There is a group "math" for the mathematical institution at our campus,
there are also groups like "math:www" and "math:optsyst" those are ALL
created by members of the group "system:administrators", i want that for
example the owner(s) of the group "math" could make a new group like
"math:cool-conference-this-week" and i want the owner(s) of the group
"math:optsyst" to create a group like "math:optsyst:coolproject".

I there functionality in OpenAFS today that i could use ?

/Jimmy