[OpenAFS] File Permissions between Windows, AFS, and Linux

Tyler Hepworth tyler@business.utah.edu
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:07:54 -0700

--=_alternative 006E966587256C7C_=

I have the AFS client installed on Windows XP.  When I place a file on an
AFS share from Windows, the file permissions (as viewed from a linux
client) are -rwxrwxrwx.  Because linux sees the file as executable, it
allows me to attempt  to execute the file.  This happens whether the file
is text, binary or otherwise.  If I copy a file from a linux client to an
AFS share, the file maintains the same permissions it had before being
copied to the AFS share.  Does anyone know how to prevent files from being
set as executable when copied from Windows to AFS and then viewed on
linux?

Thanks for any assistance,

Tyler