[OpenAFS] New "B" question: Samba versus AFS.

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:34:48 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 04:21:27PM +1100, Ivan Teliatnikov wrote:

> Should we use Samba or invest some some time into OpenAFS.

Use OpenAFS! Here at Chemnitz, we have AFS running in at least two
schools - one is bigger and one is smaller than your's. We've only had
good experiences using OpenAFS and no real problems.

One setup has two Linux servers (one of them is "the AFS server") and
only Win98 clients which access files via Samba. The other setup does
not use a Samba translator but only native clients on Linux and Win2k.

> Any recommendations including references to published material, or
> examples of OpenAFS in action are very welcome.

Unfortunately, everything relating to the above mentioned cells is in
German.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/