[OpenAFS] reauth

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
01 Oct 2002 17:02:30 +0200

Renato Arruda <rla9216@rit.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to get reauth to work so i can drop /var/spool/mail in afs... is
> this sane or is there some consideration i did not take into account? (of

Dont do that. Done that, been there.

Consistency of the files is only guaranteed upon the closure of a
file, thus opening a wide range of race conditions. The locking by
sendmail seemed not to work on AFS. After some troubles, I ended up
installing an imap server, serving out mails from local disk.

The UW-imap is rather trivial to install; you can even use your krb5
tickets to avoid retyping your password if the mail client supports
this (not all do so, some not out of the box).

BTW I do have a reauth.pl perl script, but that is rather for the
interactive start of long-running jobs. What you are probably looking
for is the kinit -k option.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung