[OpenAFS] reauth

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
02 Oct 2002 10:10:20 +0200

Well. I hate personal mail as response to the mailing list.. thought I
had put it to the list.. so here it goes again:

Lee Damon <nomad@crow.ee.washington.edu> writes:

> <perks up ears>
>
> >BTW I do have a reauth.pl perl script, but that is rather for the
> >interactive start of long-running jobs.
>
> I'd be interested in seeing this, if you're willing to share.

This perl script is nothing really great.

Well, I just added the following to my afs-krb5 document: (tough this
is not yet online due to some Webserver-rsync issue at the moment)

How do I start a long-running job?

AFS tokens are limited to a 8 hours lifetime by default, this is a
problem for long running jobs. Suppose a user want to run a job over
night on his workstation. He/She can use the little perl script
reauth.pl to make sure the program has valid tokens all the time. The
basic function is as follows: The script asks for the users password,
goes into background and then obtains new tickets and tokens on a
regularly basis. This is done by the use of kinit and aklog.

A more thourough description is found in the comments.

You will find reauth.pl under

http://www.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~iwrmm/Persons/Schulz/Unix/afs/reauth.pl

Sorry for the incorrect mime type (webserver misconfig). To read it,
use "view Source". Comments are welcome.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung