[OpenAFS] multiple network interfaces in AFS

Derrick J Brashear Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 05:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Reto Schneider wrote:

> Hi
>
> does anybody know, how i can prevent an network interface
> beeing used by AFS ? I have a public and a private network
> interface - only the public interface is reachable by the clients.
> In DFS, there was the RPC_UNSUPPORTED_NETIFS environment variable.
> Is there anything similar in AFS ?

/usr/vice/etc/NetInfo  and/or /usr/vice/etc/NetRestrict can be used for
this.

Quoting from documentation:
If the NetInfo file exists when the Cache Manager initializes, the Cache
Managers uses its contents as the basis for a list of the machine's
interfaces. If the file does not exist, the Cache Manager instead uses the
network interfaces configured with the operating system. If the
NetRestrict file exists, the Cache Manager removes any addresses included
in it from the list it is compiling. It records the completed list in
kernel memory.