[OpenAFS] client without a server

jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:38:28 +0200

Hi,

I would like to have the possibility to run a client even if the
afs server is not available.
Currently I get (lots of) messages
Lost contact of volume location server ...

and even worse, I cannot login (as non-root)

here is (the relevant part of) my file  /etc/pam.conf

# The PAM configuration file for the `login' service
#
login	auth       requisite  pam_securetty.so
login	auth       required   pam_unix.so
login	auth       sufficient pam_afs.so debug try_first_pass ignore_root
login	auth       optional   pam_group.so
login	account    requisite  pam_time.so
login	account    required   pam_unix.so
login	password   required   pam_cracklib.so retry=3
login	password   required   pam_unix.so shadow md5 use_authtok
login	session    required   pam_unix.so

Any help is very much appreciated,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik