[OpenAFS] volume disappeared

Francisco Yumiceva yumiceva@sc.edu
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 10:02:14 -0400

Hi,

>>I wonder if I would have been able to recover that volume or
>>the only solution was to remove it?. No idea what caused the
>>error in the backup.
>
> I have a guess what might have caused the error.
>
> May i ask what version of OpenAFS you are using on which Operating
> System?

The server where the problems appeared was running an old
openafs (1.0.4) and it is a RH 6.2, the rest of servers and
clients are RH7.2 with openafs 1.2.6. I have updated that
server to 1.2.7. I hope this will fix the backup error.

> Well, a little consolation: Moving the attached orphans around is no
> fun at all and takes a lot of time... So restoring the tapes from
> yesterday is probably the better solution anyways.
:( yeah.

Francisco
Francisco Yumiceva
High Energy Group - Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
University of South Carolina
phone: 803.7771438

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~yumiceva