[OpenAFS] Unknown processes after update to openafs 1.2.7

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 10:42:06 -0400

--On Sunday, October 06, 2002 03:34:03 -0400 Nickolai Zeldovich
<kolya@MIT.EDU> wrote:

>  I'm not sure why they're all displayed as children of keventd
The almost-consensus of the various mailing list posts I read about how to
properly create a truly user-process independent kernel thread was that
'daemonize()' doesn't really completely sever a kernel thread from it's
user-process parent, and the only way to be sure was to use schedule_task()
to make sure the thread's parent was keventd.