[OpenAFS] Web Browsers

Michael Robokoff mrobo@ahpcrc.org
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:50:14 -0500

--------------030107090503000009060302

Yes, That does appear to be what is happening.

Thanks for the information.

--Mike

Ray Link wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Michael Robokoff wrote:
>

>>noticed the cache usage did not increase much. AFS using 77294 of the
>>cache's available 1000000 1K byte blocks. Then I noticed network
>>activity continued when the browsers were hung. So I waited several minutes
>>and the download eventually completed.
>>

>You mentioned that you tried Netscape, Mozilla and Konqueror, so I shall
>assume you are running on some variant UNIX.  As far as I know, all of
>these browsers download files to a temporary location (/tmp or the like)
>and then copy the fully-downloaded file to the destination directory
>you specified.  What is most likely happening is (this happens to me
>all the time) the download progress meter only shows 99%, and then
>the browser is hanging as it copies the completely downloaded file into
>AFS space.
>
>Easy way to check:  Switch to an xterm and try to ls the file while the
>browser is hung.  Odds are, it doesn't yet exist yet, because the move
>is still ocurring.
>
>==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === rlink@pitt.edu ====
>
>For some reason I was confusing "SubGenius" with "GNU" there.
>        - The Cube, Forum 3000

--------------030107090503000009060302

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yes, That does appear to be what is happening.<br>
Thanks for the information.<br>
--Mike<br>
Ray Link wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.GSO.4.44.0210091029370.12960-100000@mahogany.ns.pitt.edu">
  <pre wrap="">On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Michael Robokoff wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">noticed the cache usage did not increase much. AFS using 77294 of the

==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:rlink@pitt.edu">rlink@pitt.edu</a> ====