[OpenAFS] AFS access rights and novell printer queues.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Oct 2002 10:54:37 -0400

Daniel Sw=E4rd <excds@kth.se> writes:

> > If it's the latter, and it's really lp_R_ that needs the file, then
> > you just need to make sure the users are running in a PAG or that lpr
> > is NOT setuid -- so it uses the user's authentication.
>=20
> I can change to lprng if it's better and can use authentication from the
> printing user. Does lprng use the same style of printer filters as lpd?

Pretty much, yes.  lprng uses /etc/printcap, but it does provide
a few extra items.

> > Another choice you have it is setup a network lpr-queue that has its
> > OWN netware-print password, so Unix people print to the lpr queue and
> > it forwards on to the netware queue.
>=20
> Setting up a remote printer queue with a _single_ netware-password is
> not an option... All the students here have sort of a "print-quota"...
> Otherwise I wouldn't be having these problems at all.

Why can't you enforce the print quotas on the unix side?  Perhaps they
get two quotas, they can print X pages from Linux and Y pages from
netware?

> Whoever said bureacracy made life easier?

Eh, I tend to consider bureacracy as an error and route around it ;)

> 	/Daniel

-derek

--=20