[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Windows 2000

Venkat Tipparam tipparam@yahoo.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:02:40 -0700 (PDT)

Has any one successfully installed OpenAFS on Windows
2000? I have installed OpenAFS 1.2.2b for Windows
NT/2000 and it hangs while trying configure servers.
My directory structure looks like this after
installation:

C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS
  |--Server
  |   |--usr
  |   |   |--afs
  |   |   |   |--bin
  |   |   |   |--etc
  |   |   |   |--local
  |   |   |   |--logs

I have built the latest version from the source and
after some debugging it appears that bosserver is
spawning processes with incorrect path. It is trying
to spawn processes from Serverbin and Server\bin
directories rather than Server\usr\afs\bin. I have
created Serverbin under AFS and bin under AFS\Server
and copied files from AFS\Server\usr\afs\bin and it
worked fine. Also there seems to be problems with
canonical to local path conversions.

The installation worked with the following directory
structure:

C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS
  |--Server
  |   |--usr
  |   |   |--afs
  |   |   |   |--bin
  |   |   |   |--etc
  |   |   |   |--local
  |   |   |   |--logs
  |   |--bin
  |--Serverbin
  |--Serveretc
  |--Serverlocal
  |--Serverlogs

Is this a known issue in OpenAFS for Windows?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Venkat.