[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Windows 2000

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Venkat Tipparam wrote:

> Has any one successfully installed OpenAFS on Windows 2000?

Yes, but not the server, just like before.

>I have installed OpenAFS 1.2.2b for Windows NT/2000 and it hangs while
> trying configure
> servers. My directory structure looks like this after installation:
>
> C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS
>   |--Server
>   |   |--usr
>   |   |   |--afs
>   |   |   |   |--bin
>   |   |   |   |--etc
>   |   |   |   |--local
>   |   |   |   |--logs
>
> I have built the latest version from the source and after some debugging it appears that bosserver is spawning processes with incorrect path. It is
> trying to spawn processes from Serverbin and Server\bin directories rather than Server\usr\afs\bin. I have created Serverbin under AFS and bin under
> AFS\Server and copied files from AFS\Server\usr\afs\bin and it worked fine.

Well, the right answer is to fix the problem instead of copying stuff
around, but I don't know offhand where that is.

> The installation worked with the following directory structure:
>
> C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS
>   |--Server
>   |   |--usr
>   |   |   |--afs
>   |   |   |   |--bin
>   |   |   |   |--etc
>   |   |   |   |--local
>   |   |   |   |--logs
>   |   |--bin
>   |--Serverbin
>   |--Serveretc
>   |--Serverlocal
>   |--Serverlogs
>

> Is this a known issue in OpenAFS for Windows?

A similar issue was known, where dirpath.h.nt (in src/util) didn't exist,
which is why 1.2.2b servers didn't work. This implies some other problem.