[OpenAFS] AFS Authentication from Apache?

Chris Snyder csnyder@mvpsoft.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:14:27 -0400

I've been banging my head about this for quite some time, but I can't
seem to get it to work. Basically, all I want to do is have users
authenticate to Apache using their AFS accounts.

I've tried using mod_auth_pam, but it doesn't work, returning cryptic
error messages about the account not existing, having expired, etc. (in
random order), and also disrupting the rest of the web sites. I presume
this is because I have the sites in AFS space, and when the pam module
is used, it obtains a token for the user logging in, destroying my
apache token for that server process.

Has anyone been able to do this? I'm running Apache 1.3.27, running on
Gentoo Linux, with OpenAFS version 1.2.6. Thanks in advance.