[OpenAFS] Volume management for non-AFS-admins

Marc Schmitt schmitt@inf.ethz.ch
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:12:46 +0200

Dear all,

We`re using AFS for software distribution and would like to give some
"regular users" the possibility to create/replicate/release volumes on
certain servers/partitions, setting ACLs or quota without making them
global AFS-admins. In addition, those "regular users" should be able to
change the owner of files (sometimes required when installing software).

I imagine that many AFS sites have such a facility in production.
I`d very appreciate any pointers/comments to such tools.

We`re also considering to create a separate cell for satisfying the
needs described above. Afaik, there are no sub-cells in AFS, we`d have
to set up and maintain a completely independent cell (additonal
DB/File-servers etc...).

I`m sure many AFS-admins are confronted with such needs.
How did you solve it?

TIA

Regards,
	Marc