[OpenAFS] cache performance

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:25:22 -0600

One thing I don't like about fstrace is that it seems like the polling
mechanism would be a performance hog.

Seems like offering both would be ideal -

	a. Connect and grab current buffer if enabled
or
	b. Logging only generated when a process is connected, and while
it is connected, it receives continual updates.

Not sure though which would be less impact on server without writing and
testing.

-- Nathan