[OpenAFS] no cache size in cacheinfo, 100% of space

Warren.Yenson@morganstanley.com Warren.Yenson@morganstanley.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:56:33 -0500 (EST)

>  > No, afsd cannot determine the partition size.  You need to manually
>  > specify the size of the partition in the cacheinfo file.
>
> Is there a recipe for correctly calculating the max
> number to use in the cachinfo file based on something
> like df??
>
> (With TransArc AFS, I found that using the actual
> amount available could result in stale files/cache
> problems.  IIRC, I ended up with 89% of available
> space by trial and error.)

Yes.  We have noticed that we can use about 85% of the size of our afs
cache partition.

In dealing with dedicated partitions, keep in mind that the CacheItems
file nor the space for files/directories are themself not included in the
limit, and that the -blocks setting for afsd is a soft limit.  The cache
manager will overshoot that limit, and periodic processing will bring it
back under at regular intervals.

              - Warren