[OpenAFS] no cache size in cacheinfo, 100% of space

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:47:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> > No, afsd cannot determine the partition size.  You need to manually
> > specify the size of the partition in the cacheinfo file.
>
> :((( Why? afsd tell me, that I assign more then 95% of the disk size for
> the cache. So it calculates the disk size. Why it couldn't use it?

I suspect it could, but it doesn't now, actually.

> And why it couldn't use 100% of the disk space?

Someone already answered this; You will briefly go above 100% usage before
the cache truncation daemon brings things back into line. Several versions
ago of Transarc AFS, there was a bug where cache utilization could go
considerably over 100%, I think I recall.