[OpenAFS] Kerberos with OpenAFS on Windows XP

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:57:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Kevin Chen wrote:

> "Defect 12534
>        For kerberos authentication, two new binaries have been created:
>        klog_krb.exe and afsauthent_krb.dll. To use kerberos
>        authentication, rename these binaries to klog.exe and
>        afsauthent.dll."
>
> The files klog_krb.exe and afsauthent_krb.dll, however, are nowhere to
> be found on my system.  In fact, afsauthent_krb.dll doesn't either... is
> it supposed to?

These files are for Kerberos 4 authentication, not Kerberos 5.

If you want to do Kerberos 5 authentication, you'll need the Kerberos 5
client and a copy of aklog.exe.  Alternatively, you can try and use
WinXP's built in kerberos support, and use ms2mit.exe with aklog.exe (or
WAKE).

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]