[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:26:34 -0400

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
>

>>version support.  Without symbol version support you will not be able
>>to choose kernel modules.  If you compile without kernel module ..."
>>
>>Could this be a problem ? ( I do not understand what does symbol version
>>support mean.). I did compile the kernel but do not remember seeing this
>>option. From my .config :
>># Loadable module support
>>#
>>CONFIG_MODULES=y
>>CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
>>

>CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y says it's not the problem

Thanks. According to Derek's suggestion, we need some sort of kernel
dump to find out what is going wrong. Is the problem with my cache size
(see original email) ?

Btw, what is the file SuidCells supposed to contain ? My afs servers or
the current contents :

athena.mit.edu
net.mit.edu
sipb.mit.edu
dev.mit.edu
ops.mit.edu

I did edit the ThisCell and CellServDB file. (had to add lines at the
top in the latter case as the engin.umich.edu afs servers were not listed).