[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Sep 2002 19:33:11 -0400

Madhusudan Singh <chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

> Thanks. According to Derek's suggestion, we need some sort of kernel
> dump to find out what is going wrong. Is the problem with my cache
> size (see original email) ?

the "kernel dump" would be some "oops".  The kernel usually does not
"hang" -- it would crash...  There is usually some output.  Have you
tried doing all this from VT-1 (instead of X?)

> Btw, what is the file SuidCells supposed to contain ? My afs servers
> or the current contents :

Don't worry about it.  I actually don't think SuidCells is currently
used by the scripts...

> I did edit the ThisCell and CellServDB file. (had to add lines at the
> top in the latter case as the engin.umich.edu afs servers were not
> listed).

That's not the problem, I'm sure.

-derek