[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:38:01 -0400

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Madhusudan Singh <chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> writes:
>

>>Thanks. According to Derek's suggestion, we need some sort of kernel
>>dump to find out what is going wrong. Is the problem with my cache
>>size (see original email) ?
>>

>the "kernel dump" would be some "oops".  The kernel usually does not
>"hang" -- it would crash...  There is usually some output.  Have you
>tried doing all this from VT-1 (instead of X?)

Thanks. The bootup process has been freezing on me (I have waited for as
long as 2 minutes for it to restart - tell me if you want me to wait
longer to get the dump). I finally logged in as single user and
chkconfig --del'ed the afs script.

Plus, I boot in runlevel 3. So, in light of that, could you explain your
last sentence ?