[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Sep 2002 19:36:09 -0400

Madhusudan Singh <chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

> >How big is your /usr/vice/cache partition?
> >
> /dev/hda9     ext3    103M  4.3M   93M   5% /usr/vice/cache

Ahh.  Based on this you should set your cacche size (in
/usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo) to approximately 90M.

> Could this be a problem ? ( I do not understand what does symbol
> version support mean.). I did compile the kernel but do not remember
> seeing this option. From my .config :
> # Loadable module support
> #
> CONFIG_MODULES=y
> CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
> CONFIG_KMOD=y

As Derrick said, the second line here means that "symbol version
support" is turned on (MODVERSIONS).

> >If that still fails, then it's possible that something was added to
> >2.4.19 that OpenAFS doesn't know about.  But we would need to get more
> >of a crash dump (oops message) from your machine.
> >

> Now how do we get that ?

generally Linux will output an oops to the console.  Try starting AFS
from the terminal console by hand.

> Thanks,
>
> MS.

-derek