[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:05:20 -0400 (EDT)

> It hangs, and you've only waited two minutes?  If you're getting an
> AFS timeout (because the netowkr isn't working, for example, or your
> configuration is wrong), it can take much longer than 2 minutes.

I pinged all the hosts at the top of my CellServDB file and they are
alive.

Usually, it takes about 3-5 seconds for the AFS services to start.

> Question: when the machine "hangs", can you ping it from another
> machine?

I tried to run ./afsd after insmod as described in my previous email. The
machine just hung - no o/p, nothing.

I tried pinging it while it was in that catatonic state and there was 100
% packet loss.