[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:26:56 -0400 (EDT)

> > Still, it is remarkable that an incomplete command just hung and froze my
> > system, shutting down external pings !
>
> I do not believe that it is an incomplete ping.  I think the problem
> is that 2.4.19 is not supported.
>
> For now you will have to downgrade to a 2.4.18 kernel.

I just ran the start script by hand (as opposed to just afsd) :

Found libafs-2.4.19-LAPTOP-CUSTOM-17SEP2002.o from SymTable... Loading...
Failed to load AFS client, not starting AFS services.

That is the oops. It puzzles me that I did not get this message during the
course of a normal bootup.

In what ways can a kernel not be "supported" in a file system daemon such
as afs, even after compiling for that kernel ? Just curious.