[OpenAFS] Global Drives with Windows 2k

Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:38:08 +1200

Hi the gpo setting that maybe screwing everything up is the one to make
sure that the administrator has access permissions on a profile. Before
w2k sp2 the profile was created with only the user allowed access to the
profile. For the admins to access the profile files they had to take
ownership of the profile directory then add themselves to the ACLs. It
was such a pain that we got rid of roaming profiles. After sp2 for
windows2000 there was a GPO setting to force the administrators to be
added to all new profiles. In xp sp1 there is new gpo setting to check
existing profiles and add the administrator groups to then if they are
not already on the acl list.

My guess is set the GPO to pre-xp sp1 and it will work again.

GPO is

"computer configuration\administration templates\system\user profiles\Do
not check for user ownership of roaming profile folders"

Cheers

Matt