Vedr.: Re: Re.: Re: [OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

JaS@codan.com JaS@codan.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:24:06 +0200

This is what I get, if I try to remove root.afs :

Could not lock VLDB entry for the volume 536870912
VLDB: no permission access for call
Error in vos remove command.
VLDB: no permission access for call

I had a vague idea, that this was what one could expect.

Regards
Jacob

                    Derek Atkins
                    <warlord@MIT.        Til:    JaS@codan.com
                    EDU>                 cc:     openafs-info@openafs.org
                                         Vedr.:  Re: Re.: Re: [OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
                    26-09-02
                    15:38

What kind of machine is "wallace"?

You probably need to recreate root.afs and root.cell, but a better
question is: what happened to the copy that you created already?

-derek

JaS@codan.com writes:

> Hmm, strange :
>
> This is what I get from the vos examine root.afs :
>
> Could not fetch the information about volume 536870912 from the server
> : No such device
> Volume does not exist on server Wallace.codan.com as indicated by the
VLDB

> Dump only information from VLDB
>
> root.afs
>     RWrite: 536870912
>     number of sites -> 1
>        server Wallace.codan.com partition /vicepa RW Site
>

> Should I delete the volume and create it once more? Or do I miss some
more
> configuration?
>

> Regards
> Jacob
>

>                     Derrick J

>                     Brashear             Til:    JaS@codan.com

>                     <shadow@demen        cc:     openafs-info@openafs.org

>                     tia.org>             Vedr.:  Re: Re.: Re: [OpenAFS]
Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)