[OpenAFS] Global Drives with Windows 2k

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:48:52 -0400

Hi,

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my problem with roaming
profiles, AFS, and Windows XP SP1.  Your responses directed me to the
correct solution to the problem.

See Microsoft Knowledge Base article:  Q327462

Unfortunately the article does not supply the registry equivalent to the
policy so I browsed around on the net and found...

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBL/tip5700/rh5745.htm

...which contains...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

I needed the registry setting because this appears to be a client machine
fix.  I need to remotely update the registry entries on over 400
machines.  Unfortunately the Windows 2000 AD Group Policy does not contain
the "Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders" policy.

Very many thanks,

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
PC Systems Programmer
College of Engineering Computing Services
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352