[OpenAFS] TransARC to OpenAFS via rpms

steve rader rader@ginseng.hep.wisc.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:10:38 -0500

I just blindly upgraded an afs node (linux 2.2.19) from TransARC
3.6 to OpenAFS 1.2.6 via these RedHat rpms:

 openafs-client-1.2.6-rh6.2.2
 openafs-1.2.6-rh6.2.2
 openafs-kernel-source-1.2.6-rh6.2.2

All I did was crank up the rpms, build and install the
kernel module, and update/correct the ThisCell, cacheinfo and
/etc/sysconfig/afs files.

Am I forgetting anything?  Other issues, comments or concerns?

Shouldn't there be a little RedHat OpenAFS README file?
(Guess that means I should write one for the wiki??)

Under what circumstances should one install the openafs-compat
and/or openafs-devel rpms?

At any rate, thanks to everyone involved in OpenAFS!  It's nice
to know I can use the Source if ever'n I's need to.

steve
- - -
systems & network guy
high energy physics