[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #818 - 15 msgs

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:22:47 -0700

>Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:11:35 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
>To: openafs-info@openafs.org
>Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] MacOS X.2 (Jaguar) Support?
>
>On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>>  At 5:22 PM -0700 9/12/02, Russ Allbery wrote:
>>  >Henry B Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>>  >
>>  >>  Is anyone working on support for OSX 10.2?  Has anyone tried it?  I
>>  >>  really need to know AFS is working before I upgrade, and I don't see a
>>  >>  release for it.
>>  >
>>  >10.2 support is in 1.2.7-rc3, but not in a fully released version yet.
>>
>>  I can't find that on the web pages.  I find 1.2.6 as released, and I
>>  find 1.3.x as unstable/development.
>
>hence the "not in a fully released version"
>
>-rc3 means "release candidate 3". 1.2.7 is coming very shortly, as Derek
>said.

I guess I wasn't clear.  Is there some place one can download RC versions?

That place is not via the web pages, even if you say you want
bleeding-edge non-release versions.  If you ask for bleeding-edge
non-release stuff you get a list of 1.3.x releases, or a daily
snapshot.

If it's really just a matter of days, I can wait.  I'm used to NetBSD
where the RC versions are in the same list as -current and release
versions.  Also NetBSD RC versions can sometimes sit for a month or
two before going final.