[OpenAFS] AFS service croaking on W2K machines

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:11:45 -0500

At 12:05 PM 4/4/2003 -0500, patrick daniels wrote:
>Rodney,
>
>I hadn't thought of this.  Do you have a script you'd be willing to share?
>I'm afraid I haven't set up anything similar.  I've not written anything
>to detect a specific service's state to then force a restart.

Ok, this script...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/afscheck.cmd_txt

This is what we run at our site, scheduled on the hour, running as user
SYSTEM.  I've removed some stuff that mailed me when there were problems.

The script makes use of the following files...

sleep.exe, kill.exe, tlist.exe, and nlfecho.exe.  These files are available
in ...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/

The C code for sleep and nlfecho are in that location.  I wrote those
myself.  The kill and tlist programs are from the NT4.0/2000 resource kits.

Script notes:

See appendix A)  AFSLogonShell Script "krblogon.cmd" in the document...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/krblogon.htm

...for more details on how I write Win2k/XP command shell scripts.

Unless you really understand command shell programming, I wouldn't advise
many changes to the code.

You will need to customize the environment variables at the top of the
script for your site...

         set log=c:\temp\afscheck.log

         set afs_global_drive=n:
         set afs_cell_path=\uncc

Also, the script assumes your site uses a global AFS drive.  If you don't,
then this script will need to be modified.

Any questions?

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
x86 Systems Programmer
Mosaic Computing Group
William States Lee College of Engineering
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352