[OpenAFS] Porting to new platforms

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:36:59 +0000

Hi,

This may be slightly offtopic for -info, but I'm not subscribed to -devel
and only have a short question.

I would like to port OpenAFS to Linux/MIPS.  I started with the Debian package
of OpenAFS 1.2.8.  Scanning through the tree, I located various
platform-dependent build configs and Makefiles, renamed, hacked up, etc as
necessary and got the base packages to build.  However, when building the
kernel module, I'm getting some very strange errors that I've never seen
before.

So here are my questions:
1) Is the codebase fairly generic (i.e. portable C) so that a build can
target mostly any Unix platform?
2) What sort of special massaging should the kernel module need for a
new platform, if any?

If there is interest, I will post the weird stuff that happened during the
module compile.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253