[OpenAFS] Porting to new platforms

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
05 Apr 2003 16:37:02 -0600

I attempted to do this for parisc-linux, and got to where everything
would compile, and the lwp tests and such worked right, as well as user
space client tools. Kernel testing however hit a snag due to some
screwed up module loader problem that has still not been fixed.

I'd strongly suggest trying to get it ported in the trunk. Some of the
changes there should make it easier to port, and it will certainly make
it more likely to be included in future versions.

Most of the codebase is fairly generic, but there are some very
architectural specific things in various places, especially lwp. You
should probably pick a model architecture that is close to what you
need, and look for any ifdef's throughout the source referring to that
AFS_XXXX_ENV.

-- Nathan