[OpenAFS] some basic infos about security

Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono lo_oris@libero.it
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:48:59 +0200

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> :

> Each directory within AFS has an ACL that lists who may access files in
> that directory.

ACL... mmmmmm.... can't it simply use the normal permissions?

I'd like a network filesystem that is completely trasparent to the user...
he could not even know it is a network filesystem...

And ACL is the opposite of this, if i understood correctly... :|

--
"Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side  So we can win
 Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side

http://lano.webhop.net ·-:=[asd]=:-· http://lano-forum.webhop.net