[OpenAFS] some basic infos about security

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:54:27 -0500

At 11:48 PM +0200 4/09/03, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
>ACL... mmmmmm.... can't it simply use the normal permissions?
>
>I'd like a network filesystem that is completely trasparent to the user...
>he could not even know it is a network filesystem...
>
>And ACL is the opposite of this, if i understood correctly... :|

I thought you wanted to not trust the client system.  AFS does that by
requiring user authentication that only requires trusting your server.  I
don't see how you can do this transparently without trusting the client
system.

--

Matt Elliott			Production Systems Infrastructure
217-265-0257			<mailto:melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu>