[OpenAFS] vos move & vos rel failing on large volumes

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
09 Apr 2003 18:56:45 -0500

Not sure if it's in the release build or not, but I added a lot more
diagnostics to vos move. Might need to build from a cvs snapshot to get
those improvements.

For us, 2GB volumes take 15-20 minutes to move... haven't paid much
attention to how long it takes to release, but definately not 8 hours.

Of course, what's the makeup of your volume - if it's millions of small
files, it is going to take longer.

-- Nathan