[OpenAFS] how can you tell when files in AFS are no longer accessed.

Barry Miller btmiller@anl.gov
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:07:42 -0500

We have a bunch of old Transarc AFS architectures installed. For example
alpha_osf32, rs_aix32, sgi_405, sun4_411 among many others. Is there any
way to tell if any clients running these ancient AFS cache mangers still
access our OpenAFS servers? Similarly, is there any way to tell when an
AFS-installed application is still used?

VMS used to let you define an 'alert' ACl to tell you when files and
directories were accessed. Are there any plans to implement alert ACLs
in future OpenAFS release?

Barry Miller