[OpenAFS] Q: Is Openafs capable to handle the described setup?

Nils König nils@urbanbytes.de
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:56:29 +0200

Hi!

Here is what i intend to do:

I have 2 similar fileservers with 500GB harddrive which are going to be
located in two diffrent buildings.
I want both servers to have the same data partition, i.e. replicate data
immediately to both ends.
And if the netwok connection between those buildings fail (it is an
optical laser link), data should be
cached offline and replicated asap the link gets up.
Due to research on the web about what i intend to do, i found the
openafs project and my question to you is,
if openafs is capable to handle those tasks, or if not, you know any
alternatives.

Thanks for your help and kind regards,
Nils König