[OpenAFS] vos move & vos rel failing on large volumes

Lee Damon nomad@ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:27:40 -0700

> Is duplex settings set properly on the network card and
> switch port ?  "netstat -ni" can show collisions if this is
> a problem.

One problem found.  We had a system that was lying about collision rates.  It
was set to auto-negotiate, but the switch it was connected to wasn't.  For
whatever reason the switch was defaulting to FD but the NIC was HD.  Forcing
the NIC to FD helped a lot.

The resend counter in Meltdown.pl's output on that server has stopped
climbing. :)

However, this isn't *the* problem, as this fileserver wasn't involved when
we first saw the 8+hour vos releases were first noticed. :(

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \