[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

chas williams chas@locutus.cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:26:00 -0400

In message <Pine.LNX.4.53.0304160958170.26304@scully.trafford.dementia.org>,Der
rick J Brashear writes:
>> i am not sure you can track the death of the pgrp though so keeping the
>> mapping up to date might be somewaht tricky.
>
>basically an error here can be fatal; i don't want to give my tokens to
>another user, even if i never need admin tokens on a machine with other
>users.

i agree.  i would have to give it some thought.  keeping track of the
pgrp leader's uid/pid/start_time would probably be enough.  i suppose
its possible to get the same uid/pid/start_time twice within the duration
of your afs credentials (jumpy clocks etc).  this doesnt strike me as a
big problem--you might get your old credentials.