[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:31:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, chas williams wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.53.0304160958170.26304@scully.trafford.dementia.org>,Der
> rick J Brashear writes:
> >> i am not sure you can track the death of the pgrp though so keeping the
> >> mapping up to date might be somewaht tricky.
> >
> >basically an error here can be fatal; i don't want to give my tokens to
> >another user, even if i never need admin tokens on a machine with other
> >users.
>
> i agree.  i would have to give it some thought.  keeping track of the
> pgrp leader's uid/pid/start_time would probably be enough.  i suppose
> its possible to get the same uid/pid/start_time twice within the duration
> of your afs credentials (jumpy clocks etc).  this doesnt strike me as a
> big problem--you might get your old credentials.

this still has an air of "flaky" about it. still, if we can do it without
relying on any kernel resources being provided it will help insulate
against changes adversely affecting us.

i wish i kept notes on this, since i punted doing something like this
because of (something) late last year, where (something) was a concern
that emerged after i progressed beyond sketching something on a napkin.