[OpenAFS] [aklog] pam integration (fwd)

Sebastian Roth Sebastian.Roth@frm2.tum.de
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:44:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Dan Pritts wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 05:38:20PM +0200, Sebastian Roth wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > yesterday I finished an basic openafs with kerberos 5 installation
> > (happy, docs will follow). ;)
>
> what sort of docs are you thinking of putting together?

Well my themes would be the following (psrtially needed by people whose
working here)
- Kerberos V installation and configuration
- OpenAFS installation and configuration
- daily tasks with it (creating users, adding mountpoints, quotas, acls
  and so on)
- system integration (lin, win, bsd) (like pam or windows-logins)
- and some other things whose are needed by someone

> I have just done some pieces of the same things that you did, and i
> have been meaning to contribute some documentation back since this
> question seems to come up over and over again.

> One thing i did that is probably ready to contribute back is some
> changes to the new cell setup script that comes in the afs source tree
> to make it work (!) and to make it a little easier to debug in the case
> of future problems.  Nothing particularly beautiful but an improvement
> over what was there previously.

Well, we could coordinate some things about this and start an (open)-afs
doc project on sourceforge. Mail to me if it would be in your interest.
^^

> danno

		Sebastian