[OpenAFS] Unix mode bits modified when using OpenAFS...

Dan Magestro magestro@bnl.gov
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:09:34 -0700

> This isn't openafs.. This is windows (which doesn't have the
> concept of group/other mode-bits).

So there's not a way to tell Windows OpenAFS to ingore the mode bits
instead of overwriting them?  Or is it that the default UFS mode bits
are '777' and this is what gets assigned when the file is saved?

You know, when I FTP a file from Windows to my AFS area (using
FileZilla), the mode bits are preserved, so it seems possible that
OpenAFS could do the same thing...

Thanks,
Dan