[OpenAFS] my afs wish list

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
30 Apr 2003 09:42:05 -0400

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 09:35, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Brandon S. Allbery  KF8NH wrote:
>
> > 	until ping -c 1 -n -w 1 128.2.129.7 >/dev/null 2>&1; do
> > 	    cnt=$(( $cnt + 1 ))
>
> Um, if only porok is down, and vicio and e-xing are up, why should clients
> lose, or care?

*sigh* I have 3 versions of this floating around and apparently grabbed
the wrong one.  My laptop has a version that scans CellServDB to get the
db servers and summarizes accessibility (but otherwise is useless for
this because it starts arla), and goes ahead if any db server can be
reached; the one I sent was apparently the
quick-hack-for-3c590-not-attaching-to-the-network version.

I'll have to hunt around for the full version of the script, I guess.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu