[OpenAFS] Win2k problem

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 20:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

Some more datapoints:

I opened port 750 udp and tcp. With that, I get a the same error, but now
rather than returning immediately, it takes about 20 seconds delay before
returning. (timeout for something??)

Shutting off ipchains completely, I can get credentials, as long as I'm
logged in as the win2k administrator.

When I'm not logged in as the win2k administrator, I get an error that AFS
hasn't started (this error is _only_ when ipchains is off).  The AFSClient
control panel indicates AFS service is running, and there is a process
called afsd_service.exe running.

So, I guess my questions are:

  why doesn't afs work when not a win2k administrator?

  why does win2k afs use ports that are not in the 7000-7009 range?

  what other ports does win2k AFS need besides 750 (udp/tcp)?

Thanks!

		--Dean