[OpenAFS] Win2k problem

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Aug 2003 23:16:43 -0400

Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> writes:

>   why does win2k afs use ports that are not in the 7000-7009 range?

Because, as has been repeatedly said (but you seem to be repeatedly
ignoring it), the windows "klog" does not use the KAS Rx protocol
but instead uses KerberosIV.  Why this was done is anyone's guess --
you'd have to ask Transarc, as I believe it was their doing.

>   what other ports does win2k AFS need besides 750 (udp/tcp)?

It needs 7000-7009 ;)

Note that these are "server" ports, not "client" ports.  The krb4
request will probably originate from a random UDP source port.

> Thanks!

-derek