[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Win32 client: Suspend, hibernate workarounds

Asheesh Laroia openafs@asheeshenterprises.com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:44:22 -0400 (EDT)

Some of my users are very remote very often.  Their laptops run Windows
2000.

Now, I know the AFS service gets stopped on Suspend and Hibernate.  To
restart the AFS service, they must have administrator privileges.
(Hmmph.)

Is there a way the AFS service can be automatically re-started on
un-Suspend, and un-Hibernate?  I know there are a great number of OpenAFS
users on Windows, and I'm sure this problem has been addressed within
some organizations.

Thanks in advance, all, and thanks to the OpenAFS team for a great
product.

-- Asheesh.

--
To be or not to be.